|Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program |
The Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (the Airport) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26 (Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs) and CFR Part 23 (Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprise in Airport Concessions).
- Ownership - Your business must be 51% owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s).
- Disadvantaged - The DOT presumes certain groups and disdvantaged, including women, Black Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, Subcontinent Asian-Pacific Americans, or other minorities found to be disadvantaged by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Persons who are not members of one of the above groups and own and control their business may also be eligible if they establish their "social" and "economic" disadvantage.
- Business Size Determination - A firm (including its affiliates) must be a small business as defined by SBA standards.
- Personal Net Worth - Economic disadvantage is defined as a personal net worth of less than $1.32 million.
- Independence and Control - The business must not be tied to another firm in such a way as to compromise its independence and control of business decisions. A disadvantaged owner seeking certification must possess the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of the firm. The owner must also have an overall understanding of, and managerial and technical compentence and experience directly related to, the type of business in which the firm is engaged.
- Burden of Proof Allocation - Applicants carry the initial burden of proof regarding their eligibility and must demonstrate that they meet all requirements concerning group membership or individual disadvantage, business size, ownership, and control.
LA UCP DBE Certification
Firms must be certified by the Louisiana Unified Certification Program (LA UCP) for their work to count towards DBE participation. If your firm would like to become certified, please contact one of the participating LA UCP certifying agencies directly.
The Airport conducts an annual outreach program which includes an overview of the program. Additionally, the outreach program provides an in-depth tutorial on how to become certified by the LA UCP, how to comply with the Airport's DBE program, and where to find services at local small business development centers.
The DBE goal for FY 2013-2015 is 7.1%. The ACDBE goal for FY 2013-2015 is 11.7% for concessions other than car rentals and 12.0% for car rentals.
The Airport advertises business opportunities through Baton Rouge City Purchasing and the legal section of the Baton Rouge Advocate. Individuals and firms interested in doing business at the Airport are encouraged to register as a vendor through City Purchasing and (http://brgov.com/dept/purchase/) monitor the newspaper (www.2theadvocate.com)
DBE Liaison Officer
Phone: (225) 355-0333
Fax: (225) 355-2334
9430 Jackie Cochran Drive, Suite 300
Baton Rouge, LA 70807